The Ayasofya mosque is a historical mosque located in the
Ayasofya quarter of the city of Trabzon. After the conquest
of Trabzon In 1461 by Fatih Sultan Mehmet the structure
was used as church until 1584. By an order of the Sultan
the church was reconstructed as mosque by Kürd Ali Bey
(a local ruler). In 1964 it was converted into a museum
lasting for 52 years before it was fially reopened in 28th
June 2013 again for the worship of Muslims.